The Russian Acoustical Society Logo The RAS History

Research in acoustics in Russia has been coordinated by the All-Union Acoustical conferences. The first such conference was initiated by Academician N. N. Andreyev and held in September 1931 at the Physicotechnical Institute in Leningrad. Since 1958, the All-Union conferences were organized by the N. N. Andreyev Acoustics Institute (Moscow).

The Russian Acoustical Society was established in accordance with the resolution of the XI All-Union Acoustical Conference held in June 1991. Today, the Society unites more than 500 members from 120 Scientific Institutions - Research Institutes, Universities, and other scientific organizations in 49 regions of Russia.